PBA Membership Discount Coupons
- Attorneys who are members of the PBA may take advantage of “PBI CLE Discounts.”
- The more PBI courses you attend, the more you’ll save. Membership benefits matter and save you money!
- The following conditions apply to these PBI Discount Coupons:
- The coupons must be redeemed in the sequence indicated and may only be used in connection with your enrollment for PBI courses held in the current dues year. Only one coupon may be redeemed per course (including two-day seminars).
- The coupons must be redeemed at the time of your enrollment and may not be redeemed at a later date.
- The coupons are an exclusive benefit for the named member and are non-transferable.
- The coupons cannot be used in conjunction with any other PBI discount.
- The coupons may be used in conjunction with any PBI seminar for which the tuition is $100 or more.
- The coupons apply solely to CLE programs for which you register directly through PBI.
- The discount coupons do not apply to CLE courses for which you register through the Pennsylvania Bar Association such as the PBA Annual and Mid-Year Meetings, Malpractice Avoidance Seminars and certain PBA Section events. These PBA events are always offered to members at substantially discounted fees.
Coupons can be used for distance education (PBI’s online campus, webcasts and webinars).
The Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI) offers scholarships in the form of partial tuition waivers for attorneys with limited financial means. Scholarships make it possible for attorneys to meet their annual 12 credit mandatory continuing legal education (CLE) requirement at a minimal cost.
Beginning September 1, 2018 an application must be filed annually. You will be notified via email if your scholarship application has been approved. Scholarships will be valid from the date of approval through the end of your current compliance deadline. Please Note: Scholarships are good for obtaining 12 CLE credits per compliance year – any credits over 12 must be paid for at regular price.
To receive an application: click here to download the application, call Customer Service at 800-932-4637 or email email@example.com. Mail the completed application to Customer Service c/o Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 5080 Ritter Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055-6903 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have received an email of scholarship approval, you must then contact Customer Service at 800-932-4637 to register and pay for your CLE(s).
Please contact the Practising Law Institute (800-260-4754) to apply for scholarships to PLI simulcasts.
Legal Services / Public Interest Lawyers
Effective 07/01/2019, PBI will provide a 50% discount on CLE tuition for all attorneys employed on a full-time basis by Pennsylvania civil or criminal Section 501(c)(3) legal services or public interest organizations. This discount applies only to attorneys in Section 501(c)(3) organizations who provide legal services at no or de minimis fees to individual members of the public.
- Your organization must be approved. Please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637 to verify if your organization is approved or to request an application.
- The 50% discount on CLE tuition only applies to Pennsylvania licensed attorneys who are employed full-time with the organization.
- Paralegals and other employees are welcome to take our courses but are required to pay the designated tuition.
- Only in-person courses are eligible (Live In-Person, Simulcast or Video Replay).
- Online courses are NOT eligible (Webcast, Webinar, On-Demand Video, Podcast). You are welcome to take online courses, but you must register online at our website (www.pbi.org) and pay with a credit card.
- Practising Law Institute (PLI) courses are NOT eligible.
- Your registration request must be received on your organization’s letterhead at least 48 hours before the course you wish to be registered for and should be sent to the attention of Teresa Walton-Shellehamer by fax at 717-796-2348. Please include the following:
- Full Name
- Attorney ID Number
- Name of Seminar
- Date of Seminar
- Location of Seminar
- Credit Card Information
- Once your registration has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation. Email confirmations are computer-generated and are sent as soon as the registration is processed.
If your organization is not approved, please download and complete the application below:
Download an Application for Legal Services / Public Interest Organization Approval.
Effective September 1, 2018 PBI will no longer be distributing DVD’s to obtain your In-Home Study CLE Credits. You may obtain ALL 12 of your In-Home Study CLE Credits through PBI’s On-Demand CLE Catalog.
PBI is currently offering ProPass Online which gives you unlimited access to our On-Demand CLE Catalog, therefore you can obtain ALL 12 of your In-Home Study CLE Credits for $199 per year (or $99 per year if you were admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar within the past five years).
If you have any additional questions, please contact PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637 or email@example.com.