This is a truly comprehensive program covering everything from what should be included in a lease, to landlord and tenant duties and obligations, to fair housing and discrimination issues, to evictions.
Not only will you get detailed and practical coverage of the most important aspects of Pennsylvania landlord tenant law, the panel will also address important local variations in the practice.
LEARN THE BASICS OF THE LAW AND PRACTICE
- What should be in a residential lease?
- What should be included to protect your client?
- What about leases involving subsidized housing?
- What are the rights and duties of landlords and tenants?
- What law governs?
LEARN HOW TO HANDLE PROBLEMS
- Evictions- What are the rights of the landlord and tenant?
- What about self-help evictions?
- What remedies are available to the landlord when the tenant violates the terms of the lease?
SPECIAL CONSUMER PROTECTION ISSUES IN LANDLORD TENANT PRACTICE
- Lead paint disclosure
- Duties/obligations of landlords to persons with disabilities
- Utility Service Tenant Rights Act issues
- Fair housing and discrimination issues
- Retaliatory landlord conduct
- Victims of abuse issues
Recorded on June 22, 2020.