The PBA’s Administrative Law Section invites you to attend a lively, one-hour discussion by four distinguished Administrative Law Judges as they share their views on the most effective ways for you to advocate for your clients in Pennsylvania administrative hearings both during the pandemic and after it has subsided.
Their best practices suggestions and strategies include:
- Preparing for today’s reality: embracing technology to provide access to justice and accepting that technology can and will fail: tips for developing a back-up plan
- Preparing your case
- Notice of telephonic or video conference hearings; requests for such hearings
- Conduct of video conference or telephonic conference hearing
- Preparing witnesses
- Using evidence
- Striving to have your administrative proceeding resemble a legal proceeding
- Creating the record and looking toward a possible appeal
- Things to say or do specific to a remote hearing
Co-sponsored with the PBA Administrative Law Section and PBA Government Lawyers Committee
Recorded in January 2021.