Protection of information is an ever-increasing concern.
Data breaches, data brokers, increased social and economic online activities — and a host of other equally potentially threatening activities have raised national concerns over legal protections of Americans’ electronic data.
Effective cybersecurity is more than just good business practice.
Guaranteeing privacy and protection for your clients' and your firm’s data is your ethical and legal obligation.
How well-versed are you on the laws and regulations governing these obligations to your clients?
The Fundamentals start here.
Join PBI for a webcast that provides an excellent foundation to the legal framework for domestic and global protections.
This program is perfect for:
- General and solo practitioners
- Corporate counsel
- In-house counsel
- Transactional attorneys
- All lawyers counseling clients on information risk management
US State Privacy Laws:
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Big Data and Emerging Technologies
- Enforcement basics
Global Privacy Laws:
- Framework & Recent Developments
- Overarching EU privacy protections
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- EU Privacy Shield
IT Security Basics: A “Fundamentals” Checklist
- The Legal and Regulatory Basis of Data Security
- Data security workplace policies
- Vendor risk solutions and privacy/security standards
- Insurance coverage
- Ransomware & Data Security Breaches
This course was developed in partnership with the PBA Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Committee. Please visit their webpage to learn about their work and how to join.
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
Recorded in February 2022.