Join PBI for an In-Depth Examination of Significant Issues in Prisoner Civil Rights Litigation
This course is designed for practitioners at all levels of experience and will greatly benefit those who handle prisoner civil rights cases from the plaintiff or defendant side.
We cover the most topical developments in the Jurisdiction of Prisoner Litigation
- Explore the latest practical information and how it will affect your clients
- Get expert tips for resolving and trying prisoner civil rights cases
- Examine the latest constitutional law and prisoner cases
- Analyze recent developments under the Prisoner Litigation Reform Act
Key topics include:
- Efficient communications with your client, including new mail regulations with state inmates and the impact of the pandemic on relevant protocols
- Handling claims involving allegations of deliberate indifference to a serious medical condition
- Understanding qualified immunity
Learn from the authorities on prisoner litigation as they bring you up-to-speed on current developments in the law and the correctional system.
Welcome & Introductions
Basics of Representation/Communication
Constitutional Law Update
Basics of Medical Deprivation/Deliberate Indifference Cases
The Defense Perspective on Qualified Immunity
This program is presented in conjunction with the Prisoner Civil Rights Panel of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
Recorded in November 2022.