The Penn State Solar Team continues the discussion on utility scale solar development in Pennsylvania.
The panel explores a wide range of issues, from key considerations faced by the landowner in the original leasing process, to the township or county making decisions on zoning approvals.
Case studies for a better understanding of the issues.
New PA-based case studies highlighting solar zoning ordinances in a compare and contrast fashion offer ideas to solicitors working with municipal officials to design and implement changes to supplement local ordinance capacities.
The next best thing to being there: Take a digital immersive solar tour of several utility-scale solar projects.
This virtual tour more deeply illustrates unique components of a solar facility, and offer insights for solicitors designing solar ordinances for the jurisdictions they represent.
Your instructors focus on these issues:
- Key considerations in a landowner’s solar lease impacting townships
- How utility solar projects are sited by solar companies
- Offsite infrastructure needs of solar
- New case studies of solar ordinances in PA impacting utility-scale projects
- Intersection of prime ag farmland and solar
- Agrivoltaics: Coming Soon to a Farm Near You. What it is and how and why you might want to incorporate agrivoltaics into an ordinance.
- Local land preservation goals and solar
This is “Solar Development 201.”
More introductory level instruction is available via PBI’s “101” level class, Considerations for Local Solar Ordinances.. You may find it helpful to watch that webcast prior to attending this webcast. Please visit Considerations for Local Solar Ordinances (PBI On-Demand Video) for more information.
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $20. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637.
Recorded in October 2022.