It’s a developing trend: Landowners are increasingly approaching lawyers for advice on solar leasing and option contracts.
This program examines a range of associated issues from both a solar developer and landowner’s perspectives, including:
- Lease terms and conditions
- Siting requirements
- Project de-commissioning
- Structuring the financials which are unique to a solar contract
- Risks in solar lease options and agreements affecting the landowner
Breaking down the lease: Options and agreements are examined within the context of case studies.
The panel will focus on select lease options and lease agreements to illustrate major contractual terms affecting the landowner, including financial and legal liabilities, estate planning, decommissioning, transferability of the lease agreement to new project owners, lease payment schedules and other contractual issues.
Your takeaways: a better understanding of these issues:
- Solar Project Ownership Cycle
- Purpose and timing of documents
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Negotiable lease clauses
- Contractual obligations in option
- Contractual obligations in lease agreements
- Lease duration and renewal
- Lessor and lessee financial obligations
- Lessor and lessee legal obligations
- Lessor and lessee environmental obligations
- Lease Addenda
This program targets these practice areas:
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Environmental Law
- Contract Law
- Agriculture law
- Public Policy
- Constitutional law
This project is produced in collaboration with The Pennsylvania State University Solar Team and is co-sponsored with the PBA Environmental and Energy Law Section .
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download.
Recorded in November 2022.