LONG TERM CARE PLANNING FOR CLIENTS 65+
This course will highlight various issues and strategies for clients and their families when planning for long-term care, including a review of eligibility rules, spend-down techniques, asset transfer rules and strategies, annuities and other planning techniques, and practical tips to avoid common mistakes.
- Gathering the correct information
- Is there a Power of Attorney and does it have the right language?
- Differences between assisted living/personal care and skilled nursing
- Using Irrevocable Grantor Trusts
- Veteran’s Pension and Aid & Attendance benefits
- Long term care insurance
- Is gifting appropriate: single vs. married clients
- Qualifying for Medicaid: single vs. married
- Paying family members for care
- Medicaid qualifying annuities
- Spousal refusal
Other Important Topics
- Medicaid Estate Recovery
- Pennsylvania Support Laws: Filial Support and related
Recorded in October 2023.