Nurturing and retaining talented associates are critical components of your firm’s long-term success.
Competitive pressures on law firms have never been greater, and partners may find themselves focusing primarily on client work. So, as a partner, how do you make time to mentor and coach associates to grow the qualities they need to become successful partners and leaders?
Partners, it’s time for you to look at things from a different perspective: your associates’.
We are mixing things up a bit and bringing in a panel of law firm associates to identify what they need from their firms to succeed. In a discussion built around survey results collected from newer attorneys and associates around the state, these speakers highlight their shared and personal perspectives on a host of issues, including:
- What associates wish they knew would be asked during the initial employment interview
- Employment reviews: feedback that is helpful and what associates would like to share during a review
- Why there is a communication gap across generations
- Opportunities associates would like to see for building relationships, networking, and branding
- What associates are looking for to feel fulfilled in their jobs
- What associates perceive a successful hybrid work environment looks like
- The development of mentorship and networking opportunities
- What associates need from managers to help them be successful
Co-sponsored with the PBA Large Law Firm Committee and Young Lawyers Division.
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download.
Recorded in December 2023.