Is an employer in Pennsylvania really permitted to fire an employee at any time for any reason, or even for no reason at all?
Of course, it’s not that simple. Learn the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees so that you can help your clients navigate through the confusing laws governing the employment at-will doctrine.
Take away answers to your questions
- What are the rights—as well as the restrictions—of employers and employees in the at-will relationship?
- When should you file a wrongful termination claim? When should you not?
- How can an employer best defend against a wrongful termination claim?
- How does whistleblowing factor into at-will cases?
- Why does it matter what language is in the employee handbook?
- What can you do to minimize the likelihood of successful litigation after a firing?
- What are the risks of ignoring a plaintiff’s demand letter?