The Lifecycle of a Firearm
Course totally revamped for 2018!
Understand the full cycle of firearms law under Pennsylvania and federal law. The course will proceed in chronological format commencing with a dealer deciding to enter the firearms business and an individual who makes the decision to purchase a firearm. We will then follow that dealer and that individual:
• As the firearm transaction is consummated;
• As the firearm is carried and used;
• As the firearm is transported interstate and intrastate;
• As the firearm becomes involved in an attempted transaction by a person who may be prohibited from owning firearms and how that prohibited person may be rehabilitated; and,
• As the firearm is ultimately used in a lethal force encounter that concludes with the firearm’s lawful disposition.
You’ll see how the firearms regulatory infrastructure handles each aspect of a firearms transaction, how firearms and people who use firearms are regulated and how the legal system handles the persons prohibited from possession firearms, prosecution of crimes related to firearms and the use of lethal force.
The course will conclude with a panel discussion for an hour of ethics credit where we review various firearms related scenarios and incorporate some of the specific information we will have learned throughout the day.
Please join us for a fresh look at this very hot topic!
Recorded live in October 2018.